User Interface (UI) Design
We design wireframes, create prototypes, and design proposals for software and hardware UIs. We offer a variety of services to aid your product design, including:
- Creating wireframes and prototypes according to best practices of interaction design and usability.
- Identifying suitable methods to support the design process and iterative prototyping, such as:
- Heuristic evaluation
- Cognitive walkthrough
- Usability testing
- Contextual Inquiry (workplace observation and interviews)
- Personas based on concrete user needs
- Analysis of use cases
- Evaluation of post-market surveillance data and customer feedback from comparable products
- Survey development
- Customized interviews, focus groups, and workshops
- A/B testing of design prototypes
- Developing style guides that take into account the overall user experience, the concrete requirements of current 9241-series standards, and your corporate brand standards.
- Determining ergonomic UI requirements, which tend to be the best starting point for increasing and ensuring efficiency in UIs.
Do you have a product idea, but don’t know how to take the first steps in terms of design? As a medical device manufacturer, we offer you design support tailored to your needs, and compliant with all applicable requirements and regulations.
We support you in the conceptual phase to:
- Create an efficient user interface development process.
- Iteratively develop and optimize user interface prototypes.
- Check drafts and prototypes heuristically for possible design flaws or errors in the early stages of development (especially with regard to security-relevant user interface characteristics and user errors).
- Develop recommendations to improve the usability of your design.
Our product design know-how comes from a multitude of usability tests of different products, experience in recognizing important ergonomic design factors, familiarity and clinical contexts of use, and understanding the real needs of doctors and healthcare professionals.
We are happy to assist you and coordinate the testing effort depending on the approval location (e.g. the US).